skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Back from the most beautiful place on earth! We really had a great time...it was way different than either Mike or I thought it would be, but it was amazing. I know it isn't the truth, but God always seems a little bit more "loud" up at camp...but in the quiet ways of the wind through the Aspens, or the creek, all the stars, or even the smell after it rains. In a way, it seems like I experience God in a more "raw" way up there...in a way that is so refreshing and beautiful that it brings me to tears. Mike did such a great job speaking, I loved watching him speak and be so passionate about what he was saying. He really connected with the kids and they really seemed to love him. A few of them came up to Mike and thanked him for speaking, one even said that he looks forward to chapel everyday. I looked forward to it too.
Camp has pretty much stayed the same since I first went out 10 years ago...it brought back so many memories that I hadn't thought about in forever. It was fun to re-live some of those memories and see some old friends. It was great to see Aimee, Justin, Brian, and even Seth! Aimee is moving to Minnesota at the end of August and I think Mike and I are going to try and spend a long weekend out there. Mike wants to go to John Piper's church and I want to see my friend again. I'm really blessed with her friendship...and I'm excited to go visit!
I should unpack...thank you for praying!

3 comments:
Ahhh--such fond memories I have! What a blessed time you must have had--those kids (and adults) were so fortunate to hear God's word from Mike! I've not even met him, but I have read his blog a few times through your links on your page and have been touched by what a deep-Godly thinker he is! Glad you got home safely! LOVE the pics girl!!!!
Glad you had such a great time in Colorado:)
I just saw your comment on my blog too -- it's amazing how much there is to learn about pregnancy and delivery and all that. I knew a lot, but I still had a lot that surprised me.
I actually did know that they did all those tests and things (plus a vitamin K shot to promote blood clotting that's mandatory in all states), but I didn't know until the other day that you can delay the heel prick and that it's actually better to wait. I felt like I was all prepared, but then all of the sudden I'm like "Wait! I didn't know that!" I'm cutting it close on discovering these things:)
It's all really overwhelming at times, so definitely e-mail me whenever you need to know anything about this stuff:)
I know what you mean about God seeming "loud" at camp. For a long time I thought I never could really hear what God was saying unless I was at Barakel. I'm glad that you guys had a good time :) We spent last week at a youth conference with our teens... it was a long an interesting week!
Post a Comment