8.24.2008

I woke up about an hour and a half early today...so I decided to be a domestic goddess and bake banana bread. (Actually, I was getting tired of looking at the bananas on the counter and this seemed better than just throwing them away). ANYWAY, I realized, halfway through mixing all the ingredients, that I didn't have baking soda. So I just kept making it and threw it in the oven...and hopefully it won't be too awfully flat. But seriously? Who runs out of baking soda? Isn't that something that you buy once and just use for the next 10 years? I mean, you only use like a teaspoon or a two at a time and you can only buy a big 'ole box so it should last at least a decade. I'm sure I didn't use all of it...so the only logical conclusion I can come to is that it was stolen by David Drake in the attempt to rectify the alleged stealing of Libbie's dustpan.

Today is my Granpa's birthday! And tomorrow my amazing husband turns 25! I'm a big fan of birthdays...in my family, they were made to be more special than Christmas Day. (However, I think that was because I was born so close to Christmas and my parents never wanted me to feel left out). So I'm super pumped about Mike's birthday. I've learned, though, that I cannot buy his present before the actually day of his birthday because I get so excited about them that I make him open them early. So this year, I'm putting off buying his gifts until tomorrow after I'm done with work. Last year, I think I begged him to open them a day early. I love my Mikey...and am very glad that he was born. :-)

I supose I should go check on my baking soda-less banana bread...I'm a little nervous, it's definitely not the color it normally is. We'll see...happy Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa, you did get up early!!! It's a wonder you didn't get to church on time!! Haha, I know I'm funny!! Also, when are we going out to celebrate Mike's b-day, we need to get a babysitter, also #2 I stole your baking soda as a retaliation for the whole dustpan issue!

M. Van Drie said...

I am glad that I was born also. I love you