When we bought the mattress, the mattress-seller man was telling us about the disgusting fact that a mattress will double it's weight in 10 years due to *gag* dead skin cells and dust mites. And as if that was not gross enough, he tells us that people aren't allergic to dust normally, they are allergic to the FECES the dust mites leave! I was gagging in the store. Anyway, he gives us this "Mattress Protector" to help with all that grosses. Here's what the package says:
" Every night the human body sheds millions of skin flakes and loses 2 pints of body fluid through the pores of the skin and the mouth. This creates the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and dust mites (a major cause of asthma, eczema, and rhinitis. This mattress protector repels liquids like urine and perspiration and allows body vapor to breathe through."
SERIOUSLY!!!! Could that get ANY MORE DISGUSTING?? It's perfect packaging and wording for people like me. It could be a complete and total lie and I will for the rest of my life buy this product. All of our children will also have one of these on their beds too...especially since it repels liquid. The idea of little critters living in the mattress is creepy enough, let alone the idea that pee might soak through and forever fester. SICK.

5 comments:
It is such a awesome mattress and you bought the protector hook, line and sinker
That is disturbing...I think my tummy hurts...
Oh my gosh, did you HAVE to tell me this information? Gross but understandable..
lol sorry Christina...
That info is totally true, I believe! My mom was telling my dad recently that they should really get new pillows, cuz theirs are years and years old. My dad said "I like my pillow!" Then my mom saw a thing on the news about the fact that after only 2 years 10% of the weight of your pillow is actually made of dust mite poop! Which meant their 10 year old pillows were 50% dust mite poop!!! She passed that info onto my dad -- wouldn't you know it, he came home with new pillows the next day:)
And I will be buying new pillows when I get home as well:) I have one of those protector things on one pillow, cuz I have really bad allergies...but yeah, still gonna start all over:)
~ Cara
Post a Comment