Well good news...I did something today that I have never done before. I locked my keys, phone, and purse in my car. And not only did I lock them in the car...I locked them in the car at the pump at the Sam's Club gas station after I had just gone grocery shopping. I had to knock the the door of the little "clubhouse" thingy and ask the guy if I could use his phone and call AAA. (By the way, thank goodness for AAA...never would I switch insurance companies). Luckily enough, the towing company came within 20 minutes and the clerk let me hang out with him in his little clubhouse. I got some nasty looks from the other customers though...but they were valid, I was taking up a prime gas pump and Sam's Club had the cheapest gas around since everyone else raised their price to $3.99/gallon.
I've been opening at work all week and I like it. Granted...when my alarm goes off at 5:30am I don't like it so much, but once I get up and get going it's good. And when I open, I get out by 2pm so that gives me time to do things like laundry, make dinner, and lock my life in my car with me outside of it. I also like getting to work before anyone else does...I like being able to set the tone in my room for the day. The mornings get so busy, that it's nice to be able to spend one on one time with my babies before all the feedings and changings start. I heard my little Belle laugh for the first time last week and she was giggling all day today too...it was so cute. :-) I love when they start acknowledging their surroundings and responding like that. It makes my job a lot of fun.
We went to a bonfire last night, and when I put my sweatshirt back on this afternoon I could still smell it. It makes me SO ready to go camping! For our anniversary (2 years!) in June, we're going camping to the same place we went last year. But this time we're going for a week and I cannot wait!! I love the laziness that camping Mike and Natalie Van Drie-style involves. We sleep in, sit around the fire, go to the beach, play cards, watch the stars and just relax. Back in Spiritual Formation class, we called that "being". And I've also come to the conclusion that people who camp are nicer than the rest of society. I like walking around the campground and waving to people. Or stopping to admire someone's massive 6-room tent, or just hearing other people relaxing. Ahhh....only 4 more weeks!!
Laundry should be done drying by now...and I suposse I should fold it or something like that...(blah). Have a good week.
5.13.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I used to love opening at the daycare I worked at -- however, it unfortunately often meant working from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm:( But if it actually worked out for me to go home after 8 or 9 hours it was nice!:)
(Hmmm...I have two comments...both funny, but I will let you decide which one you like. When you choose just pretend I never made the other one)
I've also come to the conclusion that people who camp are nicer than the rest of society
Really? you sure need to camp a whole lot more then...
or
That explains why I am so mean...
D
Post a Comment