9.15.2008

I think I'll update now. I'm currently hanging out in our living room with tonsillitis, double ear infection, and a fever that I have had for 24 hours now. I honestly do not think I've had an ear infection since I was about 7 years old. The doctor was a comedian, I guess, because he looked in my ears and said "Your ears look disgusting" and then he said "Sick, your throat is gross too!". Then he proscribed some $61 pill form antibiotic (thank goodness for health insurance, it only ended up costing $5). That leads me to wonder why they don't just give adults that thick, pink, bubblegum liquid. I'd be fine with that. So I've just been chillin' today...eating rainbow sherbet and watching ridiculous daytime tv shows. My boss told me that I could go back to work tomorrow if I promised to not lick the children, drink out of their bottles, and/or use their pacifiers. I told her that I could refrain from all of the above for the sake of the children, lol. :-)

Wednesday, September 17th, is the 3 year anniversary of our engagement! We both have the day off work too, so hopefully I'll be feeling better so we can do something sappy and romantic. Yes, we are ridiculous like that...I like it.

We have been looking for houses...nothing super serious, but keeping our minds open. The whole "house buying" process freaks me right on out. It's SO grown up. We found a few cute ones, one in particular that is especially cute. It's foreclosed on and the inside looks like it needs some work. I don't mind so much, having to put work into a house...it would help make it "ours". So we'll see...I'm sure if we dive more into the "house buying" I'll post pictures and update with more details.

Well I feel like I'm literally burning up, so I'm going to go take some Motrin and go to bed. Have a fabulous night.

2 comments:

M. Van Drie said...

I hope that you feel better soon babe.

C said...

So sorry you're sick:( I hope you're feeling better now...
The house buying process is so exciting!:) When we bought our house in Dallas and signed all the papers, I definitely had a moment of "Oh my gosh! We're so grown up!":)
Can't wait to see pictures when you start to find ones you're really serious about:)