9.17.2008

I just had an awesome day with Mikey. We slept in (LOVE waking up with no alarm), ran some errands (that included getting my engagement ring all cleaned and shined up), and got to look at a SUPER cute house!

I took pictures, but I'm not posting any until (if) something more happens with it. The house is foreclosed on recently and the bank is still assessing it to decide how much it wants for it. We were able to see the first floor of the house (which is SO cute...hardwood floors, that cool curved ceiling in the living room, lots of windows) but we couldn't go upstairs or downstairs (which is a finished basement) because the previous owners had dogs and the carpet has FLEAS!!! So gross. The Realtor said he will give us a call when it has been exterminated. We had to laugh..'cause it's kinda funny in all it's grossness. And at least the bank will have to take into consideration that the carpet will have to be replaced. Besides the carpet, it would need new paint (have you seen that Arm and Hammer paint that takes the smells of the room and absorbs it? Too cool!), appliances, and other maintenance things...but nothing (as of right now) that looks like too much to take on - granted, we haven't been to the second story or in the basement yet. If it keeps progressing, we'll have our Realtor look into things, get an inspector, and electrician and all that. And of course, we'll have to show our families...'cause it's very possible they will be helping us move in and we'd like to let them know what the task will be!

It's hard not to get hopes up because this house just seems so "perfect"...but we're prayerfully considering the situation...knowing that God might have another one for us. (But I kinda hope not...'cause let me tell you - this house would look SO cute with Christmas lights!) :-D

To end this post, I'll share my favoritest song of the moment...this song just makes me happy...and I like the video too. Happy Wednesday!


5 comments:

M. Van Drie said...

It was a great Wednesday.

C said...

How exciting about the house:) Hope it all works out! I just bought this song the other day after hearing it in a commercial over and over:)

Anonymous said...

We agree on something musical!!!! I love that song!

Anonymous said...

Wow that might be a first for you guys.

rachel said...

Hi Natalie!
Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm loving teaching at PCA. I've definitely seen some pictures of you & heard your name mentioned among Doug & his cohorts. :) Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to meet you sometime! Are you still in the Plymouth-Canton area?