10.01.2008

It's finally starting to feel like fall and I am absolutely in love with this weather. I love sweaters, the colors on the trees, pumpkins, apply orchards, the smell of fall, my autumn sented candles, and everything that encompasses this season (except Halloween...I find no joy in an entire season dedicated to people trying to scare other people....that is just not nice)

One of Mike's co-workers owns a apple orchard, so we went to visit today. She always lets us pick as many apples as we want...even providing the bags to hold them all in! This is the third year we've gone and I always leave with the feeling that maybe I missed my calling in life...that maybe I was meant to pick apples for a living...I love it. (Granted, my husband is probably right when he says that it would probably be fun for about an hour or two and then I would not love it so much). Linda (the owner) had a very severe stroke earlier in the year...they were not sure if she would be able to talk or even communicate at all after. But she is a fighter, and is walking, talking, writing, and even doing payroll for the orchard. She was such a blessing to be around...mentioning more than once that she is so thankful to be alive. She was talking about how priorities just change after something like that and when talking about the apples she said "Everything just tastes sweeter this year". :-)

On a completely different note...I cannot wait for this election to be over. As I've been sitting here, at least 4 commercials have come on endorsing the politician of choice. I think Comcast should make an entire channel dedicated to only political commercials. Does that make me a bad American that takes her political freedom for granted?

Happy October!


No comments: